Saturday, November 7, 2009

awakening

The world is so different to me now then it once was. So much bigger so much more to explore so much more beauty than i had once imagined. And so much more real which is a great thing but also at times scary. More and more I am realizing the beauty of life. Life is poetry in motion and my footsteps carry the poem forward. I am exactly who I am supposed to be and where I am supposed to be. A friend once told me "You have to learn how to swim before you enter the rapids. If you go in before you learn you'll have too much fear to push through." Well Im learning to how swim and its wonderful. I am enjoying being me. Life is beautiful. Rain or shine. Just thought I'd share that with you today :)

4 comments:

  1. Jake and I read this post together and the overall consensus....holy growth, Batman. Your journey is beautiful and you an inspiration. You have come so far from the closed-off young boy that we first met. Your thirst for life and the excitement of the unknown is exuding from you right now. I couldn't be more proud to be your friend. This uncensored post is so different from anything you have ever put out there into the world and it is only going to attract goodness:) Just keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog last year I guess when I was looking at some of the photos you took of Enation. I looked back every now and then to see some of your other work. You photos are always great, but this post is amazingly inspirational. It's kind of awesome to read something like this and know that God had you come across it because it hits so close to home. For so long I have been a bystander on the shore wondering if I am ready to leap into the waters. Fear is the only thing that holds us back. It's hard to be comfortable in your own skin and to love who you are in a world that is constantly changing it's standards of what is "normal." Loving who you are in life is knowing who you are in Christ. It makes "Swimming wonderful and life beautiful." Thanks so much for the encouraging post.

    -Someone who's ready to swim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, came across your blog awhile back, probably the enation/everly connection. This year has been a year of letting go and 'awakening' for me as well. It has been scary, but there is somehow the greatest sense of peace in knowing you've stepped out on faith and taken the risks you've been called to take. Knowing you are on this amazing journey.. though maybe not quite knowing the where/what/when/and why, but being certain you are where you are meant to be, doing what you are meant to be doing. Thanks for the inspired words and enjoy your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great words .......................

    ReplyDelete